TRAVELLING TO HILLFIELD
Hillfield Village is situated in the beautiful South Devon countryside, just 3 miles from Dartmouth Harbour and historic town centre. With the area boasting the mildest year-round climate on mainland Britain, Hillfield Village is the ideal location for your holiday or short break (available low and mid-season).
Located just 10 minutes’ drive from the spectacular award winning beach at Blackpool Sands and within easy reach of fabulous coastline to explore, local attractions to visit and restaurants, bistros and pubs in which to relax, this really is the perfect location for a family holiday. With picturesque Dartmouth, its fabulous waterfront and pretty streets full of interesting shops, art galleries, tea rooms and restaurants just a short drive away, a stay at Hillfield Village offers something for everyone, whatever time of year.
Travelling by Car
From M5 Motorway (signposted M5 Plymouth, Torquay):
- continue forward onto the A38 (signposted Torquay, Plymouth)
- At the major junction of the A380 (which goes to Torquay) take the right fork to Plymouth on the A38
- Approximately 19 miles along the A38, take the A384 to Totnes
- Follow the signs to Totnes (turning left at the roundabout near Dartington Cider Press Centre)
- Just outside Totnes drive under a footbridge and at the traffic lights turn right onto the A381 signposted Dartmouth and Kingsbridge
- After approximately 5 miles turn left onto the A3122, which leads all the way into Dartmouth
- After approx. 2 miles you will pass Woodlands Leisure Park on your right and Dartmouth Golf Club on your left
- Just beyond this you will pass a garden centre on your right, at which point you will be coming up to the first available right hand turn towards Hillfield, which is a narrow lane and is signposted for both Hillfield and Ash
- You have now entered our narrow Devon lanes and utmost caution should be exercised at all times
- At the T-junction turn right and after a short distance you will see the Hillfield Village main entrance on your left hand side
- On entering Hillfield Village please follow the signs to Reception. Drive with caution at all times as pedestrians in Hillfield Village have priority
If you need help with directions please contact Hillfield Village Reception on 01803 712 383
Totnes is our local railway station with taxis available to complete your journey.
South West Trains
South West Trains operate the West of England line, which runs from London Waterloo - Exeter. There are stations in Devon at Axminster, Honiton, Feniton, Whimple, Pinhoe, Exeter Central and Exeter St. Davids. There are through bus connections to Lyme Regis, Bridport and Weymouth (from Axminster) and to Sidmouth (from Honiton). Other bus services operate from Axminster to Seaton and Beer. Some of these services run onto Paignton or Plymouth, calling at most of the stations on the way.
Please check with your local airport for full details of flights to Bristol and Exeter. There may also be fly-drive deals available.